Apple Bacon Pancakes
- 4 slices Fischer's Bacon; fried and crumbled
- 1 apple, grated
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- Fry bacon to desired doneness. Cool on a paper towel-lined plate. Once cool enough to handle, crumble into small pieces.
- While bacon is frying, grate apple or chop very finely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla and oil until smooth.
- Fold in half the bacon and apples into the pancake batter.
- Heat a drizzle of canola oil in a griddle or skillet over medium heat to prevent sticking. Add 1/2 cup batter at a time. Wait for the batter to bubble around the edges before flipping. Cook on opposite side for about 1 minute more.
- Top pancakes with maple syrup, remaining bacon crumbles and apples.