Bacon Garlic Green Beans
A delicious side to any meal.
- 6 slices Fischer's Bacon
- 1 pound fresh green beans, rinsed, ends trimmed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook bacon until crispy, reserve 1 tablespoon bacon grease and drain the rest. Crumble bacon.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add green beans (water should be just above the beans) and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Then drain the beans.
- Heat reserved bacon grease and butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add minced garlic. Cook it while stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds.
- Add crumbled bacon and green beans.
- Saute on medium heat for about 1 minute to combine all ingredients.
- Remove from heat. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
6 - 8