Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 8 Fischer's Jumbo Franks
- 8 Fischer's bacon strips
- 4 jalapeños, stemmed, halved lengthwise and seeds removed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for drizzling (if needed)
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 8 hot dog buns
- Ketchup, yellow mustard and mayonnaise, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Tightly wrap each hot dog with a strip of bacon. Move hot dogs to baking sheet.
- Place jalapeños skin-side down on a separate aluminum baking sheet and lightly drizzle with oil.
- Roast jalapeños about 25 minutes.
- Roast hot dogs until bacon is browned, about 30 minutes.
- While those are in the oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the yellow onion and cook, stirring frequently, until it begins to brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in bell pepper and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil; season to taste with salt.
- Remove from heat when onions are caramelized and peppers are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Make the pico de gallo with avocado: Combine tomatoes, avocado, red onion, cilantro and lime juice in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and set aside.
- Toast buns and transfer the hot dogs to buns.
- Top with onions, peppers and pico de gallo. Drizzle with ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise. Finish with roasted jalapeños.