Baked Potato Soup
Perfect soup on a cool autumn night.
- 12 strips Fischer's Bacon: cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 2/3 cup flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large potatoes: baked, cooled, peeled and cubed, about 4 cups
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour; stir until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add milk, stirring, until sauce has thickened. Add potatoes and onions. Continue to cook, until soup begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients; stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve piping hot.
4 - 6