- 4 cups chicken stock
- 7 ounces SPAM, thinly sliced
- 2 Fischer's Wieners, thinly & diagonally sliced
- 9 ounces tofu, sliced ( about 1/2 inch thickness)
- 7 ounces enoki mushrooms, base stem removed & stems separated
- 7 ounces king oyster mushrooms, thinly sliced lengthways
- 3.5 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup aged kimchi, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 ounces instant ramen noodles
- 2 ounces Korean rice cakes for soup (soaked in cold water for 15 mins if frozen)
- 1 ounce green onion, thinly & diagonally sliced
- 1 or 2 slices of cheese
- 2 Tbsp Korean chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp rice wine
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Korean chili paste
- A few sprinkles of ground black pepper
Assemble the main ingredients (except for instant ramen noodles, rice cakes, green onion and cheese) in a shallow pot. Add the sauce in the middle. Pour the stock in the corner of the pot. Close the lid and boil it on medium-high heat until the stock starts to boil (about 8 mins).
Add the remaining ingredients – instant ramen noodles, rice cakes, green onion and cheese on top of the pot and boil uncovered until the noodles are cooked (about 2 to 3 mins). Reduce the heat to low (if you’re cooking on a portable burner and sharing the food at the dining table).
Start dishing out soup, protein and vegetables in your own soup bowl. Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!