Hot Dogs with Mac N’ Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. milk
- salt & pepper
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni, cooked
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 Fischer's Jumbo Franks, cooked
- 4 hot dog buns
- jalapeno slices, optional
- hot sauce, optional
- Cook macaroni noodles, hot dogs, and bacon according to each package’s directions. Crumble the bacon.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until well combined. Let it sit about a minute, then pour in milk. Season with salt and pepper. Let the sauce thicken, roughly 3 minutes, then add the cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is creamy. Fold in the cooked macaroni and the cooked bacon crumbles.
- Place a hot dog in each bun. Top hot dogs with mac n’ cheese. Garnish with more bacon, jalapeno slices, and hot sauce.