Seasoned Green Beans
A delicious side dish. Goes with whatever main you choose.
- 6 slices Fischer's Bacon
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 cans (about 15 ounces each) green beans
- 1 tablespoon dry onion soup mix
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain.
- Pour off all but 2 to 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- Add beans and garlic to bacon skillet with drippings, cook for 2 minutes and then add onion soup mix. Heat thoroughly.
- Crumble bacon; add half of the crumbled bacon to beans along with stewed tomatoes and sugar.
- Bring to a boil. Top with remaining crumbled bacon and serve.