White Bean & Bacon Soup
- 1/2 lb Fischer's Bacon , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 (14 oz) cans white beans, cannellini or great northern, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- parmesan rind (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook the bacon in a medium-sized pot set over medium heat until it begins to crisp, about 6-8 minutes. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside. Remove bacon fat from the pot.
- Add chicken stock, bacon, beans, garlic, salt, pepper and parmesan rind (if using) to the pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes. If not using a parmesan rind, you may want to add a bit more salt to taste.
- Top with additional bacon crumbles if desired. Enjoy!